Introducing our January 2nd baby!
Here is what her mom, Lyndsay Best, had to say about her experience with the L-C Life-Care Fertility program:
"She is a sweet little baby, and she's healthy which is the most important thing. She is sleeping really good, and she's feeding...
Benefits of Acupuncture for the Treatment of Infertility
- Acupuncture works to restore a proper balance of energy within the body. Needles are placed at specific locations along the body to stimulate points of energy and blood flow in order to regulate physical as well as psychological and spiritual balance in the mind and body.
- Acupuncture helps regulate the body systems and energy balance as well as reducing stress in order to help the body work more efficiently and promote overall wellness. Once a more healthy body and mind have been achieved patients are more open and energized and enhanced fertility follows.
- Acupuncture not only helps couples conceive, it also promotes a healthy pregnancy and delivery by helping patients to relax and focus on their overall long term health rather than stressing over focusing on trying to conceive.
- For women acupuncture helps to increase the flow of blood to the uterus and relax the muscle tissue, providing a thicker uterine wall and better chance for embryonic implantation. Acupuncture can also work to stimulate egg production and is about as effective as many fertility drugs in doing so.
- For men acupuncture can significantly improve sperm count and motility.
- For both sexes, acupuncture has many additional benefits including a reduction in stress levels, which is a very important factor in conception.
- Acupuncture helps to improve the immune system, which leads to the prevention of illness and reduces the harmful effects of daily stress, factors that lead to increased fertility.
- Acupuncture helps to regulate hormones within the body that control the reproductive system and reduce stress hormones. Restoring hormonal balance can be especially beneficial to women who have taken hormonal birth control pills for many years and who may suffer from hormonal imbalances as a result.
- Acupuncture is a safe, effective and natural way to increase fertility and achieve your dream of having a family without the use of drugs or other interventions that can be invasive and expensive.
- According to a systematic review of randomized controlled trials that compared the benefits of IVF alone with those of IVF when combined with acupuncture treatments, the combination of treatments increased the chances of conception by 65%. The review was carried out by Dr. Eric Manheimer, Grant Zhang, Laurence Udoff and colleagues from the University of Maryland School of Medicine, Georgetown University School of Medicine and the University of Amsterdam.
- IVF is an invasive and often stressful procedure and patients benefit greatly from the inclusion of acupuncture in their treatment plan in order to reduce stress, promote relaxation and well being and provide a more balanced course of treatment.